|Deadline: October 30, 2017
Results Announcement Expected: December 15, 2017
We invites designers around the world to create and submit their best Poster design for the 2018 International Day of Women and Girls in Science, which will be used
online, in print, and on merchandise. The Poster should visually capture in a simple, appealing and exciting way the message behind the 2018 Theme: “Women and Girls in
Science for Peace and Development.”
The designer whose Poster is selected to be the official Poster for the International Day of Women and Girls in Science will receive an official certificate of merit.
The Competition is open only to individuals. Companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc., or groups associated with such institutions are not eligible.
How to enter the competition
- Participants must submit Poster entries by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Poster Competition Design”.
- Posters should be received in the Royal Academy of Science International Trust mailbox by the deadline – 30 October 2017 (no later than 6 p.m. NYC time).
- The entries must be submitted in PDF or JPG.
- See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
- The email must include the full name, address and phone number of the Entrant.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below and those that fail to do so will be disqualified.
- A Poster entry must consist of the following files – each in PDF or JPG:
- the basic Poster composition in color,
- the basic Poster composition in grayscale,
We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt. RASIT cannot be held responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
“Entry” means a Poster design created by the Entrant for this Contest. “Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
- The purpose of the contest is to design a Poster for the International Day of Women and Girls in Science campaign. The Poster will be used online, in print, and on
merchandise. The Poster should visually capture in a simple, appealing and exciting way the message behind the slogan: “Parity in Science”.
- Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white, as well as in color. The final version of the Poster will need to
be suitable for high quality printing.
- Entrants should ensure that their submissions are their original work and have not yet been previously used for any other purpose by any other entity.
- Any fonts, image and any other design elements used in the Poster must be free from copyright and if with copyright, this must be transferable to RASIT.
- When selected as the winning Poster, the designer will be asked to render language versions of the Poster in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish using
language versions of the different components that will be provided by RASIT.
- The winning design will be selected by RASIT based on the following criteria:
- relevance of interpretation and clarity of the theme to the viewer;
- creativity and originality;
- universality of rendition (appealing to all cultures)
- The panel’s decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
- RASIT reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries were received.
- RASIT reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- Accepting the certificate constitutes permission for RASIT to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further
personal data may be requested but is not required.
Terms and conditions
- Entry into the International Day of Women and Girls in Science Poster Design Competition is subject to acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- Entrants acknowledge that by entering the competition they have assigned copyright of the Poster(s) to RASIT.
- Entrants warrant that the Poster(s) submitted for the competition are their original work personally created by them.
- Entrants must be willing to work with RASIT to further improve the Poster, should they be selected as a winner. These improvements will include, but not limited to,
minor tweaks and recreating the Poster in six UN languages with the provided translations (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish).
|International Day of Women and Girls in Science
Día Internacional de la Mujer y la Niña en la Ciencia
Международный день женщин и девочек в науке
Journée Internationale des Femmes et des Filles de Science
اليوم الدولي للمرأة والفتاة في ميدان العلوم
|Global Mailing Address: P.O. Box 20160, New York NY 10017, USA
Global Voicemail: +1-917-503-3868; E-Mail: email@example.com; Twitter: @WomenScienceDay